Wednesday 18 May 2011

Sun Kissed Looking Skin Anyone??

I’m a massive fan of having a bit of colour, but being naturally fair it doesn’t come easy to me! I love a spray tan but that could become an expensive habit if I do that as often as I love to!
I’ve not always got the time or patiences  to apply self tan, so I opt for a gradual tanner. I’ve tried a few but my favourite for sure is the Garnier Summer Body, I use the Light Sun-Kissed Look, around £3 for 250ml but it’s on offer everywhere at the mo. I prefer this one to others as it’s the perfect colour if you’re very pale like me, it smells lovely and fruity and it’s very easy to apply! I’ve tried others such as Dove, I found with the lighter one the colour wasn’t deep enough and even on my skin didn’t show too well but the darker lotion was too dark. I used the St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Mousse, it was a couple of years back now, but I don’t remember being blown away with it or wanting to buy it again, and at around £20 it’s a lot more expensive than the others.   

I apply the Garnier Summer Body most days, I feel like I look healthier. On the first day it just takes the edge off my milky white complexion, by day 3 I look like I would if I’d applied self tan without the streaky marks!!  I apply a rich body moisturiser to my elbows, knees and ankles, just as I would if I was self tanning, to avoid orange patches on the dry areas. Then smooth over my body in circular motions, keeping my fingers together rather than apart which helps in avoiding any streaks.  I love the result, it’s a very natural looking colour, which makes me feel a whole lot better about my body!!
For my face I use two products, both of these I love, they are both self tanners but they are very natural looking and easy to use so I use them most days too. In the evening before bed I’ll apply the L’oreal  Sublime bronze tinted lotion for fair skin, it’s around £9, I use about 3 pumps of this, it gives me a lovely healthy glow.
In the morning I’ll give my face a quick spray of the Garnier Ambre Solaire Dry Face Mist for Light to Medium Skin, it’s around £6 but I’ve seen this on offer in a few places at the moment. It’s great, it give you a light dusting of colour, it dries instantly and you don’t need to rub it in, so this is fab if you’re in a rush. You don’t need to use both of these products, it is a little indulgent of me really, I just have them both on the go as I love them!!

6 comments:

  1. Am liking the sound of both those facial bronzers! Thanks for the great review.

    Am now following you! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I used a gradual tanner a couple of years ago and really liked it...think I'll do it again this year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I love them all!! Love a bit of a tan!!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the sound of the Ambre Solaire Dry Face mist, really want to try it! I use both gradual & regular self tans too (usually St Tropez spray and/or everday stuff) but always find the face fades the quickest so like to top it up in-between :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im totally gonna have to go buy this now! I've been using the Jergens and I HATE the smell of it! I feel so gross after I put it on but it does have great results (only reason I use it) YAY for this review, no more gross smelling self tanner for me:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Summer Body today an I like it so far. Smell is ok and absorbs nicely so will report back on colour in a few days. In Boots they had 3 for 2 on almost eberything so I nearly got the St Tropez gradual tanner at £14.50 but I've never really heard anyone go crazy about this brand.

    ReplyDelete