Wednesday 3 August 2011

New Hair Before & After!! Long Concave Bob

Today I went to the hairdressers, I wasn't going for my usual half head highlights and trim....oh no, I was going in for a complete restyle!!
After mentioning on my Facebook status yesterday I was having my hair done the next day, my comments went mad, all my friends commented on what I should have done! Most people saying I should have it chopped off.
My very close friend Becky suggested I go for a long concave bob. I trust her completely that she would want what's best for me and truly thought it would suit me, so that was it, I'd made up my mind!!

Before - awful pic!

Before - Not so awful

I have had my hair long since I was around 17, so over 10 years. My hair has always been my comfort blanket, literally actually as I play with it when I'm tired or down. Anyway I was trying to be metaphorical, in that if I'm having a fugly day I can pretty much rely on my hair to look OK. Until I started to realise it has no style, it hangs and it actually pretty damn boring! So after the comments and chatting to Mum, who thought it was a great idea, I was so excited. Until I mentioned it to Graeme, who loves my hair long! I was gutted by his reaction but I still really fancied a change!...


So today arrived, my appointment was at 12.30, I felt so nervous all morning, I couldn't eat (not a bad thing as I'm now on Slimming World). Although once I sat in the chair I felt surprisingly calm, Lindsey (the best hairdresser & good friend) worked her magic, chopping a good 6 inches, thining, layering! The entire time I was grinning, shocked at how much I loved what she was doing! I think I expected to leave the salon crying!!....

After!!

......Anyway I am so happy with the cut, I feel so fabulous, sophisticated. Then Leon, the very cool indie type male hairdresser, said it's very 'On trend', as quite a few celebs such as Fearne Cotton and Olivia Palermo have gone for the long bob recently!

Fearne - Google Images

Olivia - Google Images

What do you guys think? Do you like it??

14 comments:

  1. Love it! I think you made a fantastic decision hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun & fresh!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab! You look really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh it looks amazing! It suits you so much! It's slightly shorter than mine at the moment. I used to have really long hair all the way down my back and went for the chop this year and I love it! Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really like it! Your hair is a beautiful colour too.
    Light & summery x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouu its so voluminous! I loved your long hair, but you do look very insta stylish with this cut!! :D rachinald.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls, I'm so happy with it!! I knew I needed a change but I was so nervous, but very happy with the outcome!! Yay!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look fabulous, love the new look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It looks really trendy, sometimes it good to have a lot cut off. What did your fella think of it? Did he like it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls!! Yeah he loves it, when I said I wanted to go shorter he wasn't keen on the idea, but he says he really likes it! Thank God!! Lol x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wwww I love it, looks fab! my hair is about the same length but looks awful, been wondering what to do with it, thanks for the inspo! xox

    www.katiealicexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete