Sunday 2 September 2012

August Favourites


I haven’t done a monthly favourites on my YouTube channel for months, I’m not all that keen on making videos, I don’t like watching myself back and all I do is pick out my flaws, I may be deleting my channel. So I’ve decided that every month I will do a favourites post.

So here are my August Favourites!!...

Models Own Indian Ocean

Top L Indian Ocean, R No7 Violetta & IO
Bottom L MUA Frozen Yoghurt & IO, R 17 Mint Choc Chip & IO

I don’t think I’ve adored a nail polish quite like I do this one! Indian Ocean by Models Own is part of the Beetle Juice collection, it is just the most beautiful baby blue with the finest shimmering pink glitter running through it.
It is a little too sheer to use on its own, so much so I almost described it as a top coat, but the fact that this amazing polish transforms any nail colour is what makes it so special. Models Own polishes are only £5 and often 2 for £8 in Boots!



Vita Liberata Silken Chocolate Self Tan.



This is quite possibly the best self tan I have ever used, it give me the most beautiful natural colour. It’s tinted so you can see where you are applying it, the drying time is perfect, not too quick so you end up with patchy areas, but you’re not left damp and tacky, feeling like you have to run around the house naked!!

For me the medium colour is just perfect, it leaves a subtle golden glow on my skin. I apply it with my tanning mitt at bedtime, you can only smell the classic self tan/biscuits odour in the morning once the colour has developed, however while applying it has a delicate fragrance.
My only bugbear is the price, I got it on offer in Boots for £14.49, although it’s normally priced at £23. Although I will repurchase this again for the perfect tan!


Famous Cosmetics Spotlight Lipgloss



I have way too many lipglosses, I do have a little addiction going on, so of course I was very excited to be asked to try the new Spot Light Gloss. It’s a delicious shade of pinky peach with a subtle golden shimmer running through. The formula is fantastic, very opaque with a creamy feel, and a bargain at £4.99.
I’m also loving the light in the lid, helping me apply this on the go, on a crazy night on the town...........ok so that never happens these days!!


Barry M Lipgloss in Violet




This is another gloss I am loving at the moment, it’s super glossy, purple/pink with violet glitter and smells of bubblegum! Gorgeous! Available at Boots or check out Semichem.co.uk for great prices and offers.

Barry M Waterproof Eyeliner in Bold Blue




I tend to opt for black or grey eyeliners but after seeing Tanya Burr's Olympic Makeup Tutorial with bright blue eyeliner, I was excited to try this. I wear a very natural colour on my lids such a Skimp by Urban Decay over my lids, then apply the bright blue liner on the base of my bottom lashes, I love the pop of colour it gives without being over the top for daytime. Being a waterproof line, it doesn't budge at all, so it’s staying power is fantastic, meaning no re applying through the day. Also available from Boots, Superdrug or Semichem.co.uk

Thanks for reading, I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!!!
xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment