Thursday 6 September 2012

MAC Cosmetics Marilyn Monroe Collection Fall 2012


The MAC Marilyn Monroe collection will be hitting stores in October, I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am about this!!

I adore 40-50s glamour, pale skin, the red lips, the fashion . So to me, Marilyn is the ultimate icon, the pinnacle of Hollywood Glamour.

Google Images

Google Images



So for my favourite Cosmetic brand to be paying tribute to such a beautiful star, by creating a whole collection is so exciting!!

Here’s a sneak peak at the collection!.......


Here is a brief description of what to expect in the collection, at the moment they are accurate but subject to change.

Lipstick

Pure Zen - Warm nude (Cremesheen)
Scarlet Ibis - Bright orange red (Matte)
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)
Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte)
Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte)


Dazzleglass
Phiff! - Sheer yellow peach
Little Rock - Soft sheer white with pearl


Lip Pencil
Beet - Vivid reddish-pink
Redd - Clearly red
Cherry - Vivid bright blue/red


Eyeshadow

How to Marry - Soft White (Veluxe Pearl)
Preferred Blonde - Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
Showgirl - Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)

Eye Kohl
Smolder - Intense black
Fascinating - Intense matte white

Penultimate Eye Liner
Rapidblack - Rich deep carbon black

Penultimate Brow Marker
Universal - Natural warm taupe-brown

Brow Finish
Clear

False Lashes
Extreme Black - Carbon black

Beauty Powder
Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach

Powder Blush
Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin)
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte)

Nail Lacquer

Vintage Vamp - Rich deep retro wine (Cream)
Stage Red - Dark berry red (Cream)
Flaming Rose - True red (Cream)
Kid Orange - Coral (Cream)
Rich, Rich, Rich - Glittery gold (Pearl)

Eye Lashes
35 Lash - Dramatic lash with emphasis on the centre of the lash


I just adore the packaging, the beautiful image of Marilyn with her name signed in the red she's so famous for wearing on her lips!

I'm desperate to find the exact release date of this fabulous collection. As soon as it hits the stores I will be treating myself! 



What do you think? Will you be treating yourself in October?

xxx

13 comments:

  1. I really like the stage red nail lacquere!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooh pretty. Loving the lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait for this! Going to have to go a bit mad with the spending :) Love Marilyn, what an icon x

    http://daniellabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, the joint accounts gonna take a bit of a bashing!! lol xx

      Delete
  4. Omg! This is the first I've heard of this, I cannot wait for it to come out, it all looks gorgeous :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so exciting! I just can't wait!! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow I need to try this. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the invitation in the mail for this. They seem to be doing it everywhere on September 25th to preview the collection. I can't go of course...I'm so upset! This collection looks like a great one.

    Meredith
    nycmakeuplover1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the packaging, think it should have been red or white, but I love the look of the lipsticks and can't wait to see the shadows up close! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait for this! Going to have to go a bit mad with the spending :) Love Marilyn, what an icon x Emjoi Micro Pedi

    ReplyDelete