Sunday 19 February 2012

Beauty Storage Before & After!!

I dream of owning a Carrie Bradshaw style walk in wardrobe, with a wall of shoes, bags and a beautiful French dressing table, but until we win the Lottery, I’ll continue dreaming!!
Google Images
Google Images
Google Images
We have a spare room which would be a perfect room for girly goodies but at the moment is a super boring office for my husband, filled with books, a desk, computer and a map of the world......are you still awake? Ok....sorry!

The wardrobe/floordrobe is a whole other issue, so for now I’ll stick to the beauty side of things!

So our bedroom was looking super messy with all my makeup, skincare, body care and all other beauty products a girl simply has to have!!  Makeup bags full to the brim,  Glossy Boxes full of nail polishes, skincare and samples, larger boxes and bags filled with bodycare and haircare!



One Morning Graeme was moaning about my obsession with beauty products and my ever growing collection taking over the room.  I massively hinted that I’d love a dressing table, but in the meantime I just need some decent storage!

We have a little cubby hole opposite our bed which housed a TV. We never watched tele in bed so I suggested moving it and having my own beauty area there!

Our bedroom is pretty unisex, it’s deep purple and cream, but I didn’t care if my beauty area didn’t match the room. It was my only girly area (that sounds rude!) and I wanted it to be just that......Girly!!


I’d seen these mini chest of drawers from WHSmith on a few blogs and just thought they were gorgeous and a bargain at £9.99. So I’ve divided up all the makeup I currently use into Face products, eyes, lips, cheeks and the bottom drawer holds lashes and other bits and bobs.





I got two of the matching documents boxes to put my haircare and tanning products in. They were £3.99.


My makeup brushes are stored in these tea light holders from The Range , and only £1.99 each! I think they are really pretty!


I’ve kept my favourite nail polishes in two Glossy Boxes, and the bits I use when doing my nails, remover, files, nail clippers etc in a cute tin from TKMaxx which was only £1.99!

I don’t own as much skincare as I do makeup, so that’s just where it needs to be, in the shower room, bathroom etc, night cream is on my bedside table!

The rest of my products, which I don’t really use, but can’t bare to throw away, I have stored in Glossy Boxes under my bed! I’m such a flippin hauder!! 

It’s a far cry from a walk in wardrobe or dressing table, but it’ll do!.......For now!

Oh and here is my lovely Dad putting up my mirror!


.....My hero!!!




23 comments:

  1. I long for a dressing room like that too. A lot of american beauty gurus seem to have walk in wardrobes and I always watch their videos with envy. I really hope to one day have my own... fingers crossed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are amazing!! One day I'll own one! lol xx

      Delete
  2. I am loving thoe brush holders so pretty and a great price! How good does it feel reorganising I love that feeling xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great feeling!! Yeah they're so pretty and you can get them pretty much everywhere!! xxx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post! I dream of having a walk in dresser too! Loads of people have those drawers and they really do work wonders don't they. xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, wouldnt it be amazing?! one day! Lol xxx

      Delete
  4. This is a fab post!! Looks lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how youve organised it, its lovely, and everything is easilt accessable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks fab honey!! I need a new one now! xxxx

      Delete
    2. Yeah it looks super girly, love it!! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! What a difference. Are those cute drawers still in stock in WHSMith? I'd love them for my room! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so lovely, they had lots of designs!! xxx

      Delete
  7. aaaaaaaaa you have just brought back repressed memories of living with a boy. aaaaaaa omg. Actually on the verge of a panic attack remembering how much I hated not being able to have the whole room girly. aaaa

    Right now it still looks as we left it but in May it is all miiiiine (said like gollum"

    I have seen those boxes everywhere. Beauty bloggers buying those boxes must be the only thing keeping WH Smith from bankrupcy, because lets be fair everything else in there is crap. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well I'm very happily married so a little whinging at my makeup collection is ok!! xx

      Delete
  8. Those draws look fab, I might have to hunt out some for myself. x

    http://lettersandmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks amazing. I would love something like that. Your So Lucky! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want Carrie's wardrobe too :(
    Check out my new beauty post and updated blog!

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so organised! all my stuff is in shoe boxes that I have covered in pretty paper. Need to invest in some nice drawers x

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww this post is so cute, love your brush holders, such a pretty colour!! all my stuff is literally rammed in a draw, you;ve just inspired me to get organised!! x

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The finished look is lovely! So tidy and pretty! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw this is so cute, I need this too in our bedroom. It's all bland and boring (typical boys room!) I like those tea light holders from The Range! x

    ReplyDelete