Wednesday 1 February 2012

Glossy Box - Valentines Edition!

The much anticipated Valentines Edition Glossy Box arrived yesterday morning, after waiting longer for this months box I was so excited to rip it open. I resisted my urge to take a few pictures of the beautiful packaging!

The last two boxes have been a themed colour, Decembers box was festive red and the Valentines box is a gorgeous hot pink! I love the way the Glossy Girls wrap our little boxes of loveliness, the products are carefully placed on pretty pink crimped stuffing, wrapped in white paper, a little sliver bow and a cute little pink heart holding it together, oh and yummy pink and white rock sweet.



Ok so what did I get?......

Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner
Glossy Box say – Get a handle on your eyeliner for precise definition and intense colour with a long lasting finish.


This eyeliner glides on like a dream, I got a soft green pencil, it’s not a colour I’d usually wear but I’m going give it a go!

Orly Nail Lacquer in Ruby
Glossy Box say – Orly, the top Californian brand, offers an infinite range of colours.



I love this colour so much, it’s a gorgeous red wine shade. Its so wearable, a great winter shade!

Weleda One step Cleanser & Toner
Glossy Box say – Weleda One Step Cleanser and Toner is a handy two in one pack ideal for travel.



This looks interesting, I am so guilty of very rarely using toner, so a 2 in 1 is a great idea, I’m looking forward to trying it!

FAB Gentle Body Wash
Glossy Box say – A moisturising, irritant free everyday cleanser ideal for even the most sensitive skin.



This looks quite nice, due to being gentle and for sensitive skin, it has a very delicate fragrance, I do prefer a body wash with a bit more of a scent to it! I’ll give it a go, but it’s not something I’d repurchase.

Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer – Dewy Finish
Glossy Box say – Oil-free primer ignites a radiant glow, powered by light enhancing minerals.


Any products which claim to give me a radiant glow or brighten my skin are always going  to get my attention, I also love a dewy finish over a matte look, so I’m excited to trying this.  It’s slightly tinted rather than clear like most primers, which looks like it’ll give a tiny bit of coverage.
I do like the products in this box, although it was a slight anti climax. There was so much hype about it, so I was a little disappointed there was only one full size product. Although Glossy Box do advertise it as 'A mix of 5 exciting miniatures' . I think we've been spoilt in the past with 2-3 full size products some months, so you sort of expect more than 1, well I did. However you (I) can't really complain at paying only £10 for the products. Anyway, enough of sounding like a spoilt brat, I am looking forward to all of these products, especially the Murad Primer and the Weleda Cleanser/toner!!
x x x

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had got the nail polish. Instead I got firming day and night cream which I kindly passed onto my mum! This is the second box I have received which has been more about anti-aging in my box so i am not sure they even look at the profiles, which has subsequently caused me to cancel :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not good, a few people have said that! What's the point in filling out a profile if you're not getting the products to match it?! xxx

      Delete
  2. Love that nail polish! I got the November Glossy Box after that event and got a moisturiser called Monu, I think it's more a line smoothing cream, it's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your same box and I'm pleased... But you're right, too much hype around it. What's so limited edition??? I suppose the pink box..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah the hot pink box and sweet!! Lol! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm not subscribed to any beauty boxes, but just getting the actual box seems to tempt me :D Looks like something great for storage! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for storage, I've kept all of mine!! x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete