Friday 10 February 2012

Make Up Academy Love Hearts Collection!!

Wednesday night was the launch of the MUA Love Hearts collection, it took place at the very cool  Fruitbox in Piccadilly.
The stands and tables were adorned with sweets, cupcakes and macaroons! It looked (and tasted) gorgeous!



Most importantly though, was the new Love Hearts collection dotted about the room. Sweets and makeup....what could be more perfect?!?!

Love Heart Nail Varnishes

UR FAB & U & I
The nail varnishes come in 6 luscious shades, 3 pastels and 3 brights, the limited edition packaging has the cute Love Hearts logo on the lid! The colours above are nice but I wanna get my hands on the pastel purple shade LOVE U 24/7, it's gorgeous! And they're a steal at only £2!!

Love Heart Lip Balms


I LOVE love love these lip balms. They are moisturising, have a gorgeous hint of colour and are super glossy! Don’t they have the cutest names?! Only £2 each!!
I have Sugar Lips, Sweet Kiss and Kiss Me, I love them all but Sweet Kiss is my fave!!!

We were then introduced to the new products in the MUA Professional range.

3 in 1 Contour Pens


These contour pens are nothing like I’ve seen before, they are fantastic! Use the tip for defined looks around the waterline or the full length for a full eye contour look. These pens are so soft and easily glide onto the skin due to the angled edge rather than a point which most eyeliners have!

In the photo above I have Black, Smoked Plum and Sea Blue. I love them all!!
They come in 7 gorgeous colours and are only £1.50!!

Glitter Nail Quake Polishes
Red, Sliver, Gold, Green, Blue & Pink

Ok, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not a fan of crackle polishes.  But these come in such stunning colours, I’ve gotta give them a go! I’m looking forward to trying them out!  My favourite colours are definitely the Pink and Blue!! Only £2.99.

Out There Plumping Lipglosses


If you want sexy, luscious, full lips.....on a budget, this is the way to go. They are super glossy, leave your lips tingling and come in the most beautiful colours!!! I think these are my favourites!! Only £2....crazy!!
I have the shades Peach Shimmer, Shocking Pink, Pink Sugar and Nude. All the colours are gouregous but my favourites are Peach Shimmer and Shocking Pink!

Pro BB Foundation

MUA are also bringing out a BB cream, the cheapest yet at £4!! Ok, so I only felt it on the back of my hand, but it felt so velvety and had a good coverage! I’m really looking forward to trying that when it launches in March!




It was so great to see the super talented Karla Powell, she is the head makeup artist for MUA, I know I’ve gone on a lot about Karla on here, but she’s amazing!! I got to have a little chat with her, it was great to catch up!

Here's Karla with the fabulous Zoe from TheLondonLipgloss

Here’s some of Karla's work for the Love Hearts collection!


So what do you guys think of the new collection??

I can't wait to get playing!!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on the cute lip glosses! Looks like you had a fab time xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorgeous stuff Tamsin, the lip balms are gorgeous!! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed with the lipbalms! They're so gorgeous and remind me of the Sleek ones that I never pick up, they're half price too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous, eh? I love them. We were spoilt Stace!! xx

      Delete
  3. I can't decide what I want to try the most!!

    http://oohdearsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The Lip Glosses and Lip Balms are fab!! xxx

      Delete
  4. I bought two of the lip balms and a nail polish today. They are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete