Thursday 28 July 2011

A Fabulous Shopping Trip Haul!!

Last Friday Mum and I went shopping to Milton Keynes for her birthday. It was such a lovely day, loved spending quality time with my lovely Mum and of course spending some money!!!
It was one of those shopping trips that went so well, I found everything I knew I was looking for, some over bits that weren’t planned but super happy I got!! Oh and had a yummy Wagamamas for lunch!

 So what did I get??.....

Urban Decay Naked Palette - £32
I was going to save the best til last but i just couldn’t wait to talk about it! I know all you make up junkies will know all about and own this already, but for those of you who don’t......it’s AMAZING!
It's a palette with 12 of the most stunning, wearable colours which comes with the Potion Primer and a gorgeous eyeshadow brush.  I am in love with this. I will easily wear all these beautiful colours. I’ve already experimented a bit with, day looks, smokey eyes etc! So far my favourite shades are Half Baked, Smog, Sin , Darkhorse and Sidecar!

In my Mums words “it’s a thing of Beauty”.....she’s a wise woman!!!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Semi Precious in Crystal Pink - £20.50

I’m also loving this at the moment, it gives quite subtle colour but a beautiful healthy glow to the skin. I think it looks so luxurious , the beautiful mix of colours in the pan. Yummy!!

 
L’Oreal Lash Architect 4D in Black - £10.99
I love a bit of volume for my lashes, so when the sales girl in Boots told me ‘Due to the extra black pigment’ in the mascara, it’s even more dramatic than my favourite L’Oreal Million Lashes, I snapped it up!!!
She was right!! It is very dramatic and gives you the full, false lash look, which I love!! I only need one coat of this as I think it could go clumpy if you did two. It definitely lengthens but I’m not so sure it curls my lashes. Although that doesn’t bother me so much, I’m all about the volume!!
The bristle brush is good, it’s quite long and thin, making is easy to get to the roots of the lashes.
Liz Earle Cleanse & polish - £13.25
I’d seen so many great reviews on this, everyone seems to love this and I can see why!! I’ve only been using it for just under a week so I’d not seen really noticeable results but I can tell just by using this in such a short time how great this will be for my skin!
Again a lot of you will be in the know with this but, for you who aren't......It’s a cream cleanser containing Eucalyptus, Cocoa Butter, Chamomile, Rosemary oil and lots of other yummy ingredients that are only going to benefit your skin!
You apply 1-2 pumps to dry skin, rub it all over your face including your eyes (yes it’s that gentle) then wipe off the excess with a hot, damp cloth. I do this twice as you’ll be surprised to see there is still traces of makeup the second time round!
You can really feel it cleaning and refreshing your skin. It’s quite scary to think up until recently I’d use facial wipes every day, It was just laziness as I know they are not good enough for daily use and for all that time my makeup wasn’t being removed fully!
I bought the starter kit which contains the full size pump and 2 cloths! Love it!!!

Boots Mango Sugar Scrub - £7.92
I can’t be doing with body exfoliators that feel like a shower gel with a few beads gently buffing the skin, nope I want a hardcore scrub that actually feels like it’s doing something, and getting rid of the dry skin. I’d heard that Soap & Glory’s Flake Away was good, but when I tested it I wasn’t all that impressed and I’m not overly keen on the heavy fragrance in their products!
So when I saw this, I opened it and first off the delicious scent of summery mangos hit me, then I saw how coarse it looked, which is exactly what I wanted! It was also 3 for 2, so Mum got one too and she got the body butter to match!

It is super!! Its also great for scrubbing off old patchy self tan!! Love it!!
 
I also got my husband a Dolce & Gabbana aftershave as it was our 3 year wedding anniversary on Monday, some party Feet Heel Shields as my gorgeous nude heels are a little too big, a yellow T-shirt for £5 in the sale at New Look and a pair of jeans in Dorothy Perkins for £15!



8 comments:

  1. I have the mascara and I love it too! I want to buy the naked palette but it is a bit expensive :/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna try this mascara, love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! Looks like you had a fab time with your mum, and buying the Naked palette makes anyones day better ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls, it was a lovely day and so happy with everything I got!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun! Blogger is finally sorted and I can leave comments again! Love everything you got, you certainly had a good spend up. I too am loving my Naked Palette. That Mango stuff looks good xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loz and I use Liz Earle, love it. Leave the cleanser on for 5 mins as a face mask ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to buy that Naked palette now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Stacey, long time no hear!! The mango scrub is gorgeous!!! Smells divine!!

    You should Susmi, it's just fantastic! Love it!!

    x x

    ReplyDelete