Thursday 21 July 2011

My First Glossy Box!!

Ooooohhh at 7am the door bell went, I got very excited as I knew that it would be my Glossy box arriving! This was my first box, so I was super excited!!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Glossy Box, it’s a monthly subscription of £10 (+ £2.95 p+p from Sept). Each month you will receive a box filled with 5 luxury miniatures, ranging from lipsticks, haircare to body oils! It’s a chance to try out these high end products without the huge price tag some of them have!

The packaging is beautiful, the box is pretty pink, inside the products are wrapped in black tissue paper and a pink ribbon, it looks and feels so luxurious!!

Last month there were complaints, some girls weren’t happy with their boxes. It was a bit of an anti climax as the previous one had a full size Nars Illuminator worth around £20!

I think they have improved this months box!!.......
So what did I get??........

Ciate Nail Enamel in Kitten Heels  RRP £7.95 – This is a beautiful bright red with a gold shimmer running through it. It’s a beautiful colour! I’m a Ciate Virgin, would you believe, so I’m looking forward to trying this out! I’ll do a NOTD with this soon!!


Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Explode RRP £13 – This is super glossy, with a pink  iridescent finish. It’s very pretty, but very pale so I’ll wear it over a lipstick rather than on its own I think! Smells lovely too!


Nouveau Strip Lashes  - These are gorgeous glamorous lashes! Definitely night time lashes for me rather than daytime!

Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil RRP - £19.95 – This body oil only contains pure plant oils, it’s rich in fatty acids and anti-oxidising vitamins. It says to use the oil to hydrate and smooth your skin. It has a delicate scent. I really looking forward to trying this out!!


Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe (Trial Size) - This self tan is the Winner of Best Ever Beauty Buy, by Elle Magazine! It’s an ultra sheer instant colour, which will give you a gorgeous glow and will last up to 7 days! Read *Dainty*Dollymix*   great review here!!



I am so pleased with this months Glossy Box, I can’t wait to try it all out. And of course I’ll review everything on here!


To sign up visit Glossy Box now!! You fill out an online survey and they send you out the products best suited to you! As I briefly said there will be a £2.95 P+P charge as of September but I still think that’s a cracking deal!!

13 comments:

  1. It's not a bad box for July :-). Quite liking the polish though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You definitely get your moneys worth, I love this idea! I wish they hadnt hacked up the price for postage though, boo! rachinald.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great glossy box! This is making me think I really should be involved now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the oil already and the ciate polish is lovely (I got the raspberry shade). The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I got the Illamasqua pigment and not a lipgloss - it's a great product but I don't really have much use for it :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a huge improvement on the previous months box.

    I've still not been convinced to sign up though. Especially as I already own far too many products & none of the products offered are ones I would use. I don't want to risk adding more to the cosmetics graveyard xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! It looks like it's really worth getting, I gave it a miss because I wasn't sure but I'm so jealous what everyone has. I've wanted that Illamasqua lipgloss for ages! Gutted. I've been using Xen-Tan at the minute and love it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! It is great! I'm very happy, much better than last months looked! Can't wait to try it all especially the Xen Tan! x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a good selection. I look forward to reading the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You absolute gem, thank you so much for giving my blog a mention, you little sweetheart! It means a lot!

    You have some lovely things in your glossybox :) Love the colour nail polish you got, and lashes are always a winner!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome my lovely!! A blog as good as yours always deserves a mention!!

    I'm so happy with it! I'm like a kid in a sweetie......box!!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the nail polish in 'skinny jeans' a denim blue colour - instead of the tan got Ultrasun SPF 30, and perfume sample instead of the lashes. Illamasqua product was the powdered metal face and body powder in Ether. Really happy with my products, would've like the Ciate polish in the yellow I've seen from some boxes but I'm happy to have had it at all at £9 a pop!

    http://mummylovesmascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I am awfully tempted!

    http://allthatglittersisginger.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the nail polish! I got it in yellow instead. Also, started usin body oil everyday and it's great.

    Lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete